Since June 2020, I work as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of St Andrews, where I am based at the Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling (CREEM). Supervised by Dr. Richard Glennie, I currently work on (hierarchical) hidden Markov models and (open population) spatial capture-recapture models. Between June 2016 and May 2020, I did a Ph.D. in economics (with a focus on statistics) at Bielefeld University, supervised by Prof. Roland Langrock.
I am passionate about developing innovative statistical methods and their application in ecology (animal movement and population modelling) and economics (stock market modelling). In particular, my research focuses on the following topics:
- Hidden Markov models and their extensions.
- Non-parametric modelling techniques.
- (Open population) spatial capture-recapture models.
- Statistical software development in R.
- Applications in ecology and economics.