- 6/2016-5/2020: Ph.D. in economics, Bielefeld University, GER. Title of the doctoral thesis: On some flexible extensions of hidden Markov models.
- 8/2014-7/2015: Year abroad at the University of Copenhagen, DK (funded by an ERASMUS scholarship awarded by the EU).
- 10/2013-5/2016: M.Sc. in economics, Bielefeld University, GER. Title of the Master’s thesis: Non-parametric inference in generalized Markov-switching regression models.
- 10/2010-9/2013: B.Sc. in economics, Bielefeld University, GER. Title of the Bachelor’s thesis: Einführung in quantile Regressionsmodelle und deren Schätzung mit penalisierten B-Splines (Introduction to quantile regression models and their estimation using penalized B-splines).
- Since 6/2020: Research fellow in statistics, School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of St Andrews, UK.
- 6/2016-5/2020: Research associate, Department of Economics, Statistics and Data Analysis Group, Bielefeld University, GER.
- 4/2014-7/2015: Student assistant, Department of Economics, Chair of Computer-based Methods and Chair of Statistics, Bielefeld University, GER.
- 10/2012-3/2013: Audit intern, Mazars, Bielefeld, GER.
Awards, travel grants, and scholarships
- Travel scholarship awarded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) to attend the 7th Nordic-Baltic Biometric Conference, Vilnius, LIT, 6/2019.
- Publication award for junior scientists awarded by the Department of Economics, Bielefeld University, GER, 5/2017, 10/2018, and 6/2019.
- Best student presentation award of the 6th International Statistical Ecology Conference, St Andrews, UK, 7/2018.
- ERASMUS Scholarship awarded by the EU to study a year abroad at the University of Copenhagen, DK, 8/2014-7/2015.
- I served as a reviewer for the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society (Series A), Annals of Applied Statistics, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Statistics in Medicine, Biometrical Journal, Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution, and Ecology and Evolution.